Sunday 6 March 2016

From make-up disaster to the best night ever...

Well, the wait was over last night. Finally went to see Adore again!

Unfortunately, the lead up to leaving was almost a total disaster. My original plan was to do a step by step on my eye make-up but the shit hit the fan and it didn't turn out as I'd hoped. Honestly, I wish I'd had time to remove it and start again but threw some glitter over the top of it and worked it as best as I could lol. Went for the Urban Decay Vice4 palette and Jeffree Star's I'm Royalty liquid lipstick. Thankfully in the photos we got, it actually looks pretty good. Clearly I'm photogenic but look atrocious in real life!!

After hunting around for ages for a parking space, we finally made it to the venue in time for the meet and greet. Cue anxiety appearance...

We got inside and were queueing on the stairs waiting for the M&G when I started getting a bit shaky and nauseous. Thankfully, it was nothing compared to the first time where I actually almost walked out because I was freaking out so badly (but being a stubborn cow, I hate running away when the going gets tough lol). We were moved into a booth inside the club and sat waiting "patiently" to be shown through. 15 or so minutes later we were moved to the queue on the dancefloor and she was within viewing distance. Cue further anxiety. Mixed with excitement, it made for a very nauseating wait lol!

Once we got right up to the stage and it was my turn to go up, I started shaking again and walked up to her pretty much vibrating with anxiety. I nearly peed my pants when she went "Oh my god, hello, it's you!" so she either remembers me from last time (aaaaaargh!) or thought I was someone else 😂😂😂 , I'm sticking with the first option!! So I got a cuddle and I apologised for the shaking and she was so sweet as always. Then I got her to autograph my tattoo so I could get it tattooed over. I actually got overly excited over a Sharpie pen. I went in with eyeliner and she asked if I wanted it done in permenant marker because she had a Sharpie & I was like "OH MY GOD YEAH, DO YOU HAVE ONE?" I'm such a weird one... But anyway, I can't get it done for a while so I've taken a picture of the positioning and autograph for when I get a chance to go back to the tattooist and I've just to get her arm tattoo added in and it'll be complete!! Ended up talking about my lipstick which amused me to no end because I actually was able to keep calm by this point! Got another cuddle, which I wished could never have ended ðŸ˜‚ Did photos and then we went to wait for the show to start. I think it's wonderful that even though she's such a star, she's so humble and sweet and you can see she really does make an effort to have time for her fans! We were due to get a signed copy of the album but the release date was moved so we all received a signed cover of the album and part of our ticket refunded so we're able to pre-order the album anyway so I'm so excited for that to come out. The songs we've heard so far from the album are amazing and I can see it ended up on repeat like it did with her first album (links for albums at the bottom, definitely a worthwhile investment!)
Photo from last night 05/03/16

The show started a while later and we had Davina De Campo up first who was just fabulous! They did a lipsynch battle between 4 of the audience which was quite entertaining and then we "patiently" waited on Adore to come back on. As per the last 2 times we saw her perform live, she was amazing. I've been sorely disappointed in the past hearing artists sing live but every single time Adore totally slays it!! It was just pure perfection. Between the stunning vocals, showering the crowd in water and crowd surfing, she definitely knows how to work one hell of a performance 😂! Got a few pics from the AXM Glasgow's Facebook page. ðŸ˜‚

It was a wonderful evening and we had a blast! Definitely going to keep watch for the next time she's back. Unfortunately the tickets for RPDR Battle of the Seasons (where she's due to appear again in Glasgow) in a few weeks are sold out so we're going to miss out there but holding onto hope that it won't be too long after that she's back!

Thought I'd just chuck in past photos of times we went to see her before just because, well, why not?

These were from the first time we saw her in August when she did an album tour. She was amazing. This was probably one of the times that my anxiety was at nuclear meltdown level but she made me feel really relaxed and it gave me a fuckton of confidence after that night to actually go ahead and do things that scared me because I did that one thing that really caused me so much fear and panic. It was a life changing experience as cheesy and ridiculous as it sounds!

This was from the second time when we went to see her in November. Was a much calmer experience, I have to say which was totally out of character for me. Again, an amazing show even with technical faults with the sound system in the club. I'm so glad she even came back after that to be honest!

All in all, it's always a fantastic experience and I hope that we have a repeat pretty soon <3

x M x

Amazon: Adore Delano - 'Til Death Do Us Party

Amazon: Adore Delano - Afterparty

6 comments:

  1. Your make up looks stunning xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your makeup is amazing - so jealous! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had an amaaaaazing time! xo

    Natasha Kendall

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a good night x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the photos! You look bloody gorgeous miss xxx

    ReplyDelete